P. DE LA OLIVA, S.A.
P. de la Oliva S.A. in the development of its activity of design, production and commercialisation of office and contract seating and furniture as well as school furniture, is committed to satisfying its clients and other parties involved by meeting and anticipating, as far as possible, their needs and expectations.
P. de la Oliva has a Management System that covers the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards in its facilities located in Torrejón de Ardoz, with headquarters at C/Brújula, 18. The implementation of these standards is promoting good results, achieving customer satisfaction, respect for all parties involved, reducing environmental impacts, improving the efficiency of processes and offering a competitive advantage over other companies in the sector.
The Management of P. de la Oliva S.A. is committed, in compliance with the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards, to:
• Achieve customer satisfaction, trying to exceed their needs and expectations
• Design and market a quality and sustainable product
• Comply with legal requirements and other requirements that, although not mandatory, we have voluntarily decided to assume
• Protect the environment by preventing pollution and minimising the adverse environmental impact of various activities
• Incorporate environmental improvements in our products from the design phase, avoiding the transfer of adverse environmental impacts between life cycle stages
• Implement and follow FSC®-C163226 Chain of Custody schemes to promote the consumption of wood from well-managed forests
• To create sustainable products, based on eco-design according to the ISO 14006 standard, in all its phases: creation, design, materials, production, use, durability and recyclability at the end of its useful life. Thus promoting the fight against climate change and working towards a circular economy
• To raise the awareness of all the people who make up its team and the rest of the people who work under the control of our organisation, in order to achieve compliance with the requirements set by our clients in a professional, ethical and transparent manner
• Providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injuries and health impairment
• Eliminate hazards and reduce risks to the safety and health of workers
• Consultation and involvement of workers and their representatives
• Maintaining and improving staff competence and involvement by promoting their active participation; training and informing all employees on Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety, Eco-design and FSC® Chain of Custody
• Ensure continuous improvement The organisation will promote the same management and improvement principles in suppliers and contractors that govern our Policy
In addition, we are committed to maintaining and updating our management systems according to international standards, auditing them to detect possible deviations and continuously improving them.
Pepa Pérez de la OlivaTorrejón de Ardoz, February 2022